The pandemic upended the workplace. Now, business leaders and HR professionals are focused on shaping the new future of work. This is the time to rethink, reset, and restructure to create a more resilient and sustainable future.
Provide proof of purchasing RESET below, by Johnny C. Taylor Jr., and you’ll be entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to SHRM’s Inclusion Conference October 25-27, 2021, in Austin, TX!
Just submit your contact information and upload your proof of purchase using the form below. Entries accepted until 11:59:59 p.m. EST on October 2, 2021.
See official rules.
RESET Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- General. The Society for Human Resource Management “RESET” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Society for Human Resource Management (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States who are the age of majority or older in their state of residence (19+ in AL and NE, 18+ in all other states) as of the date of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, prize providers, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), together with the immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and those persons living in the same household (whether or not related) as such employees are not eligible to enter.
- Promotion Period. The promotion period (“Promotion Period”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) August 9, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on October 2, 2021. Sponsor’s (or Sponsor’s designated representative’s) computer is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. You may enter during the Promotion Period visiting reset.shrm.org and completing an entry form to provide proof of purchase of RESET by Johnny C. Taylor Jr. (each an “Entry”). Entries must be received prior to the end of the Promotion Period. Email address indicated on the entry form will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder of the email address shall mean the natural person assigned to such account by the access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning the email addresses for the network or domain associated with such account. The potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she was the authorized account holder of such email address. In addition to the entry method noted above, entrants may enter by mail by sending a slip of paper with your valid email address, name, address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number, to SHRM, Sweepstakes Department, Attn: Erica Young 1800 Duke Street Alexandria, VA 22314. Mail-in entries must be hand-written and original. Limit one mail-in entry per outer mailing envelope. Mail-in entries must be post-marked by the end of the Promotion Period. Any other form of entry is void.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. All entries must be received and recorded during the Promotion Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
Please note that normal mobile data or internet access and usage charges imposed by your mobile phone or internet service provider will apply.
Limit of one entry per person and email address for the entire Promotion Period.
- Prizes. Sponsor will award one (1) grand prize winner an all-expense paid trip along with a complimentary registration to the Society of Human Resource Management Inclusion Conference to be held during October 25 – 27, 2021 in Austin, Texas (“SHRM Inclusion Conference”). The prize includes:
- • One (1) round trip economy/coach airline ticket departing from an airport of the winner’s choice within the United States on October 24, 2021 and departing Austin, Texas on October 28, 2021 (to be provided only if applicable winner travels at least two hundred and fifty miles away from Austin, Texas).
- One (1) VIP registration for the SHRM Inclusion Conference.
- A four (4) night hotel stay in one (1) standard room based on single occupancy in Austin, Texas, checking in on October 24, 2021, and checking out on October 28, 2021.
- $125 per diem for meals and ground transportation per day with a five (5) day total allotment
- One (1) SHRM merchandise pack valued at $150.
Total approximate retail value for the prize: $3,500. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash and are not transferable. If the grand prize winner (or their employer, business or similar entity) has previously registered and paid for the SHRM Inclusion Conference, that grand prize winner’s registration fee will be fully refunded up to the amount of the registration fee paid for such grand prize winner.
All federal, state, municipal and local taxes, and all expenses associated with receipt or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize if legally required, and in that instance will be required to provide Sponsor with winner’s social security number for purposes of same.
- Winner Selection and Notification. One (1) potential winner will be selected at the conclusion of the Promotion Period in a random drawing on or about October 4, 2021 (“Drawing Date”) from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, by Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The drawing will take place at approximately 12:00:00 p.m. EST on the Drawing Date. Limit one (1) prize per household for the entire Promotion Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of drawing.
The potential prize winner will be notified by Sponsor via the email address or phone number associated with the entry on or about October 11, 2021. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by email or phone within two (2) days of the first notification attempt, an alternate potential winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries for that prize.
Potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. Each potential winner must complete, sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within the time period designated by Sponsor when Sponsor sends the foregoing to the potential winner, or prize may be forfeited. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address or telephone number of Entrants.
- General. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or exchanges by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute one or more elements of a prize for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Any difference between the stated ARV of a prize and the actual value of a prize will not be awarded. All other expenses on the receipt and use of a prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators to release and indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all actions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representative, whose decisions are binding and final on all matters related to this Sweepstakes. By accepting any prize, winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown and biographical information, for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising and promotion), in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By accepting any prize, each winner agrees for himself/herself and for their heirs, executors and administrators to release and indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize related activity and claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy, defamation or prize delivery.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate registration or entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet; or (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or cell phone which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor has not made and/or is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims, any representation, warranty or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes.
If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all known eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination. Sponsor may prohibit entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not responsible for typographic or printer’s errors. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded.
- WAIVER. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THAT (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES OR OFFERS AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEY’S FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES) AND/OR ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- Governing Law. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO THE CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES THEREOF, AND ANY MATTERS OR PROCEEDINGS SHALL TAKE PLACE IN THE ARLINGTON COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
- Social Media Disclosure: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google or any other social media, mobile application, over-the-top application, or similar platform where this Sweepstakes may be promoted, advertised or otherwise used to disseminate information relating to the Sweepstakes. You understand that all information is being provided to Sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google or any other social media where this Sweepstakes may be promoted, advertised or otherwise used to disseminate information relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for practices, terms or actions taken by any of these or other social media and web services sites. You understand that you are required to comply with terms and conditions of those social media platforms.
- Winner’s List. The names of the winner will be available after October 11, 2021 and can be obtained by mailing a request including a self-addressed postage-paid envelope to SHRM, Sweepstakes Department, Attn: Erica Young 1800 Duke Street Alexandria, VA 22314.